Large Format Tiles – Go big or go home!
1. Large Format Tiles Trend
Over the years we have seen large format tiles sneak their way into the market, progressively becoming popular to the point where they are no doubt on your radar when choosing your tiles. The modern larger tile trend is increasingly becoming the must have for flooring in 2017.
If your home is a hive of activity and is in need of a contemporary make over then we couldn’t recommend large format tiles enough and here’s why …
2. The Benefits of Large Format Tiles
1. An easy to coordinate large format tile brings a sense of industrial elegance to any room throughout the home.
2. This fuss free tile trend is sophisticated, providing a sleek look due to fewer grout lines than a smaller tile option creating an uninterrupted finish.
3. Porcelain & ceramic tile options are available in an array of colours.
4. Oozing modern style, large floor & wall tiles can now be found with wood effect, concrete & stone looks.
5. Large format tiles provide the illusion of space.
6. 9/10 times’ large format tiles come in a porcelain material making them more durable and robust – Ideal for floors!
3. Top Tips for Tiling with Large Format Tiles
1. A powder adhesive is needed when using a large format porcelain tile as a chemical reaction is needed in order for the adhesive to dry.
2. We recommend using a 12mm thick Hardie Backer board on the wall before laying large format tiles and a 6mm thick Hardie Backer board on the floor.
4. Popular Large Format Tile Ranges
Create a modern interior look using the polished porcelain finish in the traffic range, part of the Gemini wall and floor collection.
With high sheen polished porcelain qualities, six chic colour options and 600x600mm & 600x300mm tile size options the Traffic range is a must have for high traffic areas, a quality addition to tiling most floor areas within the home.
The latest Kursaal porcelain wall and floor range introduced by Gemini Tiles is an exclusive collection providing 6 elegant colour variations and 3 sizes including large format 1200x600mm.
A perfect choice if you are looking for large kitchen or bathroom floor tiles with quality and durability. Each tile features a soft grip function making them ideal for tranquil spa inspired bathrooms & wet rooms.
Coordinate with Gemini’s Glass and Stone Mosaics to finish the look.
This highly polished porcelain tile range brings a glossy sheen to any area throughout the home and comes in ivory, beige and black and is ideal to use with underfloor heating.
Take a peek at The Gray Home they found a suitable large floor tile in the Gemini Lava Ivory 600x600mm, the tiles were fitted throughout the hallway and kitchen to give it a luxurious look.
Looking for a tile range with a bit of an edge? Or to make waves within your bathroom or perhaps you want to create the illusion of a larger space with large floor tiles and a 3d effect feature wall within your living room? Well, this is all possible with the Gemini Tiles Studio tile range. With fascinating wave effect décor wall tiles you can create a visually appealing design that is guaranteed to add a sense of excitement to your living space.
Inherent shade variation gives British Stone a natural appearance. Comprising three sizes 1200x600mm, 600x600mm & 600x300mm and including in three colours, the British Stone Tile range also has a wave tile to create zoning and features in your living space.
Pietra Pienza comes in 4 stylish colours, 3 sizes and different styles including large format sizes 600x300mm, 600x600mm & 900x450mm.
We recommend mixing the sizes to achieve your perfect look or coordinate the colours for extra contrast. This glazed porcelain tile range offers large floor tiles for bathrooms, kitchens and more.
For a luxurious yet detailed tile scheme, look no further than Gemini Tiles’ Icon collection.
Featuring a cool-toned grey colour palette with brown, grey and terracotta accent shades the Icon range will transport you to your favourite holiday destination without stepping foot outside your own home.
An imitation of distressed natural stone and large format tile sizes 605x605 & 605x305, Icon is the perfect range for large open areas.
Fill the walls and cover the floors when perfecting the tough luxe industrial look in your home. An authentic mottled finish is applied to accurately capture the distinctive distressing of cement and the range offers classic Grey as well as a paler White tile both available in 2 tile sizes 800x800mm & 800x400mm suitable for walls and floors.
So there you have it, the trend, the benefits and our most wanted Large Format Tile ranges. If that hasn’t got you excited then why not pop into your local tile showroom where a member of staff will be happy to answer any queries you may have or take a look through all our stunning large format tiles