Latest from CTD Newbury
Meet the team
We look forward to helping you choose tiles for your new project from our substantial collection of ranges, all displayed in our well established and spacious showroom.
We can cater for all your tiling needs and provide excellent technical advice for any installation.
Our facilities include, our Brand New Tile Visualiser! Tea, Coffee, and Cold Drinks as well as Customer Toilets.
Come in and let us inspire you!
Gemini Hillock - Of course we have many great ranges and displays to view in branch. But there is one tile that we are familiar to seeing be delivered for customer orders in to our warehouse. This multi versatile range can be used on floor and wall. It comes in a variety of stunning colours, from warm to steel tones, with its very own collection of mosaics that can be used to create feature panels which are also suitable to create the perfect wet room floor. Hillock is available in 4 colours - Light Grey, Dark Grey, Cream and Mocha.
With a slate effect appearance, Nature is a great tile range if you want to achieve the natural look in your bathroom.
Did you know?
- Newbury was the site of two Civil War battles, the First Battle of Newbury (at Wash Common) in 1643 and the Second Battle of Newbury (at Speen) in 1644.
- The nearby Donnington Castle was reduced to a ruin in the aftermath of the second battle.
- The disruption of trade during the Civil War followed a major collapse of the local cloth trade in the late 16th century leaving Newbury impoverished.
- The local economy was boosted in the 18th century by the rise of Bath as a popular destination for the wealthy escaping London's summer. Newbury was roughly half way between London and Bath and an obvious stopping point in the two-day journey.
- Soon Newbury, in particular Speenhamland, was filled with coaching inns of ever increasing grandeur and size.
- One inn, the George & Pelican, was reputed to have stabling for 300 horses, and this was not the largest of the inns.
- A theatre was built to provide the travelers with entertainment.