Installing tiles throughout your home?
We understand that you face a big decision when considering tile options within your hallway, bathroom, bedroom and living spaces.
You might want to replace your current carpet or simply want to update your current look and we understand it is important for you to gain the best advice possible in order to help with your up and coming projects.
With this guide, you can make sure with any request you’ve got the solution on hand with our trusty tile guide. Kitchen Tiles
• In a kitchen, tiles need to be durable, easy to clean and we also advise using an antibacterial grout to help prevent unwanted germs.
• When selecting tiles it is imperative a hard wearing floor tile is chosen in order to withstand high footfall.
• This may seem like a straightforward tip, but a wall tile cannot be installed on floors due to the nature of the tiles make up – it would simply crack when walked in.
• When looking at floor tiles, we suggest selecting a tile with anti-slip properties.
• If you are looking for a hard wearing tile, most natural stone tiles can withstand a lot of use and likewise porcelain tiles are known for their durable qualities and with digital printing techniques a lot of porcelain can emulate the look of natural stone with inherent shade variations. This is commonly seen on Natural Stone and Wood Effect tiles.
• If your property has a very small kitchen, patterns created by bigger floor tiles can get lost, we suggest using a more relevant tile to the size of your space.
Click to view our carefully selected Kitchen Floor tile ranges online: KITCHEN TILES Bathroom Tiles
Bathroom tiles are required to be heat durable and of course easy to clean.
• Porcelain tiles are popular to use in bathrooms. They are hard wearing, durable and come with low porosity levels.
• Porcelain tiles are very easy to clean, which allows you to keep your bathroom in top condition with very little work.
• We also recommend sealing polished porcelain tiles as the nature of the polishing process can leave fine macrospores where dirt can get in leaving the tiles with a dull appearance on the surface but once sealed they are good to go.
Click to view our carefully selected Bathroom tile ranges online: BATHROOM TILES
A tiled floor choice is extremely popular within the living areas, some of the reasons are as follows:
• Tiles will keep a room cool throughout the summer however when you combine tiles with Underfloor heating it can create a warm welcoming vibe all year round.
• Wood Effect & Stone tiles combined with Underfloor heating are perfect for creating a welcoming environment and can be laid in various ways such as herringbone , opus or even at a 45 degree angle.
• Porcelain tiles in living spaces are cost effective, durable and easy to maintain, making housework quick and easy.
Click to view our carefully selected Living room tile ranges online: LIVING ROOMHallway
Hallway flooring should be extremely hard wearing and be suitable for footwear without sacrificing an eye catching appearance.
• As the hall is a high traffic area, Porcelain tiles are perfect for this area as they are extremely practical and cost efficient, while remaining durable and easy to clean.
To make it as easy as possible for you to choose the right tiles for you room, we have created a simple key so you can easily see what room your tiles are suitable for, if they are wall or floor tiles, and what material they are made from.
• Please note that these are suggestions only.
• Usage and application may differ with each project.
• Please always check prior to fixing. Underfloor Heating
Installed in the bathroom, kitchen and other rooms in your home, a beautiful warm floor provides a wonderful touch of affordable luxury.
Raychem offers the most efficient, flexible, and fast acting solutions for your comfort. Wrap yourself in the luxurious warmth of a Raychem heated floor and can be found inside CTD Stores Nationwide and online here: UNDER TILE HEATING
Good to know
• Can be installed on all well insulated subfloors
• Can be used in shower areas (wet rooms)
• Many sizes available, even for smallest rooms
• No maintenance required
• Ideal solution for irregular shaped areas
• Can be installed on all types of subfloor
• Can be cut-to length
• ISOLECTA - The energy saving insulation board for a faster heat-up of T2QuickNet and CeraPro
• Save up to 65% energy during heat up phase and up to 20% energy saving during operation
Always remember tiles are a finished product; please make sure all advice prior to fixing is considered before you lay your tiles.
With these top tips, you can be sure that any of your frequently asked questions can be swiftly answered.
If there is a question we haven’t covered in this blog post, our experts in store will be more than happy to help!